Recipe by Anita Harris
I haven't tried this yet but it looks & sounds scrumptious!!
Top Review by ChefDLH
Thanks Anita for posting. This was terrific but it is a dessert. No way one could drink this with any regularity like daily coffee cause the ingredients are too rich. Having said that, I enjoyed it so much. Perfect for after dinner and as an indulgence. Used Haagen Dazs ice cream as the topping. Made for Comfort Cafe Snow Queen Round Jan 2010. Enjoy! ChefDLH
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 quart milk
- 2 cups hot strong black coffee
- 1⁄2 pint chocolate ice cream
- whipped cream, for garnish
- chocolate shavings, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan with a wire whisk or a wooden spoon, stir together the cocoa and sugar. Over medium heat, slowly add the milk until well blended. Add the hot coffee while mixing constantly. Remove from the heat.
- Ladle into 6 - 8oz mugs. Top each with a spoonful of ice cream, whipped cream and chocolate shavings.