Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Nov 09 issue of Good Housekeeping, featuring Paula Deen. There are other recipes for her crab dips on here, but this one is very quick and simple, with ingredients that I typically have on hand. I used nuefchatel cheese, and fat free Miracle Whip for a low-fat alternative, and the flavor didn't suffer at all.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 8 ounces crabmeat
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared white horseradish
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly together in a medium oven-proof dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until browned around the edges.
- Alternatively, microwave for 3 minutes (for those of us who are less patient!).
I have been making this recipe for years. It came from a elementary school cookbook I purchased 18 years ago. It is very popular with my family, and requested often. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes crab dip.