I made this the day I saw Paula make this on Food Network. We really enjoyed it. This is a bit different than traditional cole slaw but I liked the change.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- In reserved bacon fat, cook onions and bell peppers until limp, about 5 minutes.
- Add shredded cabbage and cook until limp, but not soft, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add chili powder and salt, to taste.
- Add tomatoes and simmer just until warmed through.
- Slaw should be slightly crisp.
- Adjust seasonings and add salt to taste.
- Serve quickly with crumbled bacon.