Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This sounds bizzare But it is really good for brunch.
- 12 slices white bread
- 8 slices deli ham (large slices)
- 4 bananas, sliced on the bias
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- 6 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 9 by 13 glass baking dish. Butter both sides of the bread and layer 6 of them into the bottom of the baking dish, overlapping them as necessary but keep them even. Layer the slices of ham on top of the bread and then the bananas, 6 more slices of bread, then the cheese, potato chips, and bacon. In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, cream, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Pour this over the casserole almost to the top. Bake for 45 minutes until brown and bubbly. Cut into squares and remove with a spatula, like lasagna.