Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
DH and I just saw this on a re-run of Paula Deen the other day! It sounded so good! I had some leftover baked potatoes so we turned them into these! We only used cheese and the sour cream mixture on ours but cover with your favorite fixins! It is really the grilling that makes them sooooo good! Serving size depends on if they are your meal or a side or an appetizer!
- Cut potatoes in half.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Scoop out the pulp, leaving a 1/4-inch thick shell for the toppings. Cut the potatoes into quarter wedges, brush all over with butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on grill and cook until crisp, about 10 minutes. During the last few minutes of grilling, remove potatoes and place on a cookie sheet. Top the potatoes with cheese and bacon and place back on top of grill.
- While potatoes are grilling, combine the sour cream and horseradish in a small bowl and mix well.
- Place potatoes on serving plates and top with the green onions, chopped tomatoes and the sour cream horseradish sauce. Sprinkle with chopped chives, for garnish.
Yummmm!! This was great! I had 1 large potato, so cut the recipe in half. I also left out the tomatoes and used just 1/2 tablespoon of horseradish. Instead of a cookie sheet, I used a grill pan...the type that you would use to grill veggies or shrimp...flat with holes in it. We had a grilled feast last nite, served these up with Grilled Boneless Sirloin and Vidalia Onion Skewers #428645, grilled corn and a berry cobbler which I am too lazy to go get the recipe number for. LOL Thanks for posting Sarah!
I just loved these for lunch today!! I had 1/2 of a large baked potato leftover that I cut in half and then proceeded with the recipe. The only changes I made was to omit the tomatoes and horseradish, personal preference. This was so easy and healthier than the deep fried ones. Great way to use leftover baked potatoes. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for PRMR Tag Game.
Obviously grandbabe loved these. He seems to have taken some cues from the dog and completely mastered two techniques that get him through almost anything...the Look of Innocence and the Lick of Love. ...just got the lick of love.