Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is really good gravy. Be sure to add 2 tbsp. of your dressing. It makes all the difference.
- 4 cups turkey stock or 4 cups chicken stock
- turkey giblets, from 1 turkey
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons prepared stuffing (reserved from your stuffing recipe)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup cold water
- 2 pints button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced
- fresh ground black pepper
- Bring stock and giblets to a boil.
- Add bouillon and reserved stuffing mixture.
- Make a slurry by whisking together the cornstarch and water and add to the boiling stock; cook 2-3 minute.
- Meanwhile, saute mushrooms until browned in butter.
- Add mushrooms to gravy with egg.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.