Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This will be a keeper! I served this for supper on New Year's eve and they were a hit! Reminds me a bit of the Potato Smashers at Montana's.
- In a medium saucepan, cook the potatoes in salted water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes and return to the saucepan.
- Add the butter, sour cream and garlic.
- Mashr the potatoes with a potato masher or the back of a fork until the ingredients are blended.
- Add the milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the potatoes are the desired consistency.
- Taste and add salt & pepper, if needed.
These are fantastic! And so quick and easy too. Thank you!
I scaled the recipe down for one Boies, my dh won't eat mashed potatoes with garlic, his loss. He ate boring ole mashed potatoes while I had ambrosia. The fresh garlic and sour cream were a wonderful addition. I really enjoyed the soft texture and the sharp, tangy flavor of the potatoes. I garnished the potatoes with coarse sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. The potatoes were perfect, served with broiled steak and roasted asparagus. Thank you for sharing a quick and easy recipe that I will enjoy, again and again.
Your basic mashed potatoes with FRESH GARLIC. Very yum! I did use more garlic and drizzled some parsley oil on top. Wow.