1/1 Photo of Paula Deen's French Onion Soup
1 hr 15 mins
Paula made this last week and it looked so delicious. Can't wait to try it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onions and garlic in oil over low heat until tender and golden yellow.
- 2Sprinkle flour over onions, cook a few minutes more, browning the flour well.
- 3Add stock and wine and bring to a boil, add thyme and bay leaf.
- 4Reduce heat, cover, and simmer gently for 20 minutes or so. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- 5Meanwhile, slice French bread into 3/4-inch slices and butter both sides. Toast slices on griddle until golden brown.
- 6Ladle soup into an ovenproof bowl, add toasted bread and cover with cheese.
- 7Place ovenproof bowl on a baking sheet lined with tin foil.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees 4 or 5 minutes under a hot broiler.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula Deen's French Onion Soup
Serving Size: 1 (698 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 847.9
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 39.6 mg
- Sodium 2193.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 36.3 g