Recipe by Cookin' Kelly
Easy faux crab cakes save you time and money. Recipe courtesy of Paula Deen.
Top Review by elaine92foodie
Well, this is the first time I didn't like a Paul Deen recipe. It could have been the tuna that I had which was light, packed in water. But it just tasted like tuna cakes, I even tried adding old bay and that helped but, I don't think I will make again. Nice try though.
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna fish
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons diced green onions
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- lemon juice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1-inch of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- While oil is heating, combine tuna, beaten egg, green onions, mayonnaise, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, and lemon juice, to taste, if desired.
- Form into patties and dust with additional bread crumbs.
- When oil is hot, fry patties until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels before serving.