- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans
- 2 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced in thin wedges
- 1⁄2 cup cashews (whole)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, stir together the teriyaki sauce, honey, and butter.
- Fill a bowl with cold water and ice cubes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the lemon juice. Drop in the beans and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until beans are bright green. Drain the beans in a colander and then plunge them into the iced water. Drain again and set aside.
- In a skillet, cook the bacon until very crispy, crumble and set aside. Saute the bell pepper and onion in the hot bacon fat for 2 minutes. Add the beans, cashews, and bacon to the skillet. Add the teriyaki-honey sauce and toss gently.