Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Scrambled eggs in a cup of phyllo dough! These look so simple and very tasty! Can't wait to try them! Found in Paula's magazine from Nov/Dec 2005.
- 6 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup diced cooked ham
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter 4 muffin cups.
- Combine 4 T butter and garlic.
- On a cutting board, stack the phyllo sheets and cut into fourths, forming 12 squares. Cover with a damp paper towel when not in use because it dries out quickly.
- Crinkle one sheet into the bottom of each tin; it may tear and that's ok. Brush with butter. Add another sheet and brush with butter. Repeat a third time. Bake for 10 minutes. Carefully remove from tin and cool on rack.
- Beat eggs and 1 T water.
- Place 2 T butter in skillet and add ham. Add eggs and scramble to desired doneness. Sprinkle with cheese and stir until melted. Spoon in phyllo cups and serve.
Elegant breakfast! Phyllo nests filled with eggs, ham and cheese! Yum.