Recipe by Lainey39
These are great for St. Patrick's Day. Preparation time does not include time for chilling.
- 113.39 g unsweetened baking chocolate
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 473.18 ml granulated sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml flour
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 473.18 ml sifted confectioners' sugar
- 59.16 ml green creme de menthe (or use green food coloring plus a dash of peppermint extract)
- 170.09 g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 88.74 ml unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mist 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare brownies: In double boiler, melt baking chocolate and 1 cup butter over simmering water; cool slightly.
- In medium mixing bowl, beat eggs with a whisk until blended, then add the 2 cups granulated sugar and continue whisking until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add cooled chocolate mixture, salt, vanilla and flour.
- Keep whisking until thoroughly blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave brownies to cool in pan.
- Make filling: Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the 1/2 cup butter and confectioners' sugar together until well blended.
- Stir in the creme de menthe and blend well.
- Spread over cooled brownies.
- Refrigerate in original baking pan until filling is firm.
- Make icing: Melt the chocolate chips and 6 T butter in the top of a double boiler, stirring until smooth. (You can do this in the microwave, just monitor closely and stir a few times.).
- Pour the warm glaze over the filling and tilt pan to distribute the icing evenly.
- Refrigerate until chocolate hardens.
- To cut, allow brownies to come to room temperature in the pan so chocolate doesn't crack.