1/8 Photos of Paula Deen's Creme De Menthe Brownies
These are great for St. Patrick's Day. Preparation time does not include time for chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons green creme de menthe (or use green food coloring plus a dash of peppermint extract)
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Mist 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- 3Prepare brownies: In double boiler, melt baking chocolate and 1 cup butter over simmering water; cool slightly.
- 4In medium mixing bowl, beat eggs with a whisk until blended, then add the 2 cups granulated sugar and continue whisking until mixture is light and fluffy.
- 5Add cooled chocolate mixture, salt, vanilla and flour.
- 6Keep whisking until thoroughly blended.
- 7Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 25 minutes.
- 8Remove from oven and leave brownies to cool in pan.
- 9Make filling: Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the 1/2 cup butter and confectioners' sugar together until well blended.
- 10Stir in the creme de menthe and blend well.
- 11Spread over cooled brownies.
- 12Refrigerate in original baking pan until filling is firm.
- 13Make icing: Melt the chocolate chips and 6 T butter in the top of a double boiler, stirring until smooth. (You can do this in the microwave, just monitor closely and stir a few times.).
- 14Pour the warm glaze over the filling and tilt pan to distribute the icing evenly.
- 15Refrigerate until chocolate hardens.
- 16To cut, allow brownies to come to room temperature in the pan so chocolate doesn't crack.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula Deen's Creme De Menthe Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.0
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 34.5 mg
- Sodium 32.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 1.3 g