Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are great for St. Patrick's Day. Preparation time does not include time for chilling.
Make and share this Paula Deen's Creme De Menthe Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons green creme de menthe (or use green food coloring plus a dash of peppermint extract)
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mist 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare brownies: In double boiler, melt baking chocolate and 1 cup butter over simmering water; cool slightly.
- In medium mixing bowl, beat eggs with a whisk until blended, then add the 2 cups granulated sugar and continue whisking until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add cooled chocolate mixture, salt, vanilla and flour.
- Keep whisking until thoroughly blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave brownies to cool in pan.
- Make filling: Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the 1/2 cup butter and confectioners' sugar together until well blended.
- Stir in the creme de menthe and blend well.
- Spread over cooled brownies.
- Refrigerate in original baking pan until filling is firm.
- Make icing: Melt the chocolate chips and 6 T butter in the top of a double boiler, stirring until smooth. (You can do this in the microwave, just monitor closely and stir a few times.).
- Pour the warm glaze over the filling and tilt pan to distribute the icing evenly.
- Refrigerate until chocolate hardens.
- To cut, allow brownies to come to room temperature in the pan so chocolate doesn't crack.
I can't believe I've never reviewed this recipe, b/c I've made these probably 10 times or more. I love, love, love these brownies! They are soooo worth the effort to make!
I made this for my DS and used peppermint extract, I also aded in 1/4 cup softened cream cheese to the filling which worked out wonderful, thanks for sharing hon, my DS loved these!...Kitten:)
Delicious, rich, moist, dense brownie! A little time-consuming only because you have to allow cooling time between each of the steps...otherwise a very easy recipe. I think this is very festive looking for the Christmas holidays as well as St. Patty's Day.