These are great for St. Patrick's Day. Preparation time does not include time for chilling.
Make and share this Paula Deen's Creme De Menthe Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons green creme de menthe (or use green food coloring plus a dash of peppermint extract)
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mist 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare brownies: In double boiler, melt baking chocolate and 1 cup butter over simmering water; cool slightly.
- In medium mixing bowl, beat eggs with a whisk until blended, then add the 2 cups granulated sugar and continue whisking until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add cooled chocolate mixture, salt, vanilla and flour.
- Keep whisking until thoroughly blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave brownies to cool in pan.
- Make filling: Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the 1/2 cup butter and confectioners' sugar together until well blended.
- Stir in the creme de menthe and blend well.
- Spread over cooled brownies.
- Refrigerate in original baking pan until filling is firm.
- Make icing: Melt the chocolate chips and 6 T butter in the top of a double boiler, stirring until smooth. (You can do this in the microwave, just monitor closely and stir a few times.).
- Pour the warm glaze over the filling and tilt pan to distribute the icing evenly.
- Refrigerate until chocolate hardens.
- To cut, allow brownies to come to room temperature in the pan so chocolate doesn't crack.
I can't believe I've never reviewed this recipe, b/c I've made these probably 10 times or more. I love, love, love these brownies! They are soooo worth the effort to make!
I made this for my DS and used peppermint extract, I also aded in 1/4 cup softened cream cheese to the filling which worked out wonderful, thanks for sharing hon, my DS loved these!...Kitten:)
Delicious, rich, moist, dense brownie! A little time-consuming only because you have to allow cooling time between each of the steps...otherwise a very easy recipe. I think this is very festive looking for the Christmas holidays as well as St. Patty's Day.