1/2 Photos of Paula Deen's Cranberry Brie
From Paula Deen's "Celebrate" cookbook - a holiday appetizer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Allow the puff pastry to thaw approximately 30 minutes.
- 2Preheat the oven to 400.
- 3In a small bowl, beat the egg with 1 teaspoon water to make an egg wash. Set aside.
- 4Lightly flour a large cutting board. Roll out the pastry to a 14" square. Cut off the corners to make a modified circle shape, reserving the cut pieces to make decorative shapes later.
- 5Spread the apricot preserves on the circle of dough, leaving a 2" margin around the edges.
- 6Soak the dried cranberries in the orange juice for approx 5 minutes, until they have absorbed some liquid and softened. Drain the excess juice.
- 7Arrange the cranberries on top of the apricot preserves. Arrange the almonds evenly on the cranberries. Place the brie on top.
- 8Brush the edges of the pastry with the egg wash. Fold up to completely seal the brie in the pastry, using additional egg wash if necessary, and pinching to help "glue" the edges together.
- 9Lightly grease a baking sheet or spray with vegetable oil spray. Place the brie seam side down on the sheet. Use small cookie cutters to cut out decorative shapes from the leftover pastry and place on the top. Brush with remaining egg wash.
- 10Bake for 20 minutes.
- 11Transfer to a serving plate. Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes before serving! If you cut into it too early, the cheese will run out onto your serving plate.
- 12Serve with water crackers.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula Deen's Cranberry Brie
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.2
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 48.3 mg
- Sodium 258.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 9.1 g