Recipe by CABarbieQue
Another one of Paula's home runs! Posting here for safe keeping! Making again on the 4th of July....
Top Review by Marsha D.
This is the BEST crab cake recipe I have ever made. I didn't change a thing! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I have saved this recipe for everytime I have fresh crabmeat on hand.
- 1 lb crabmeat, picked free of shells
- 1⁄3 cup crushed cracker (recommended -- Ritz)
- 3 green onions, finely chopped (green and white parts)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- flour, for dusting
- 1⁄2 cup peanut oil
- favorite dipping sauce, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients, except for the flour and peanut oil. Shape into patties and dust with flour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, carefully place crab cakes, in batches, in pan and fry until browned, about 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully flip crab cakes and fry on other side until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Serve warm with preferred sauce.