1 hr 20 mins
Great Paula Deen recipe that I am wanting to try very soon. The recipe comes from the foodtv.com website. Cook time is based on the pre-cooked rice and bread that has already been dried.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 loaves white bread, oven dried (recommended-Pepperidge Farm)
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 4 ounces saltine crackers, crushed (1 sleeve)
- 1 lb bulk sausage (breakfast type)
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 7 cups chicken stock
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/8 cup butter, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Crumble oven-dried bread into a large bowl. Add rice and saltines.
- 3Cook sausage in a large skillet until it starts to brown. Add celery and onion and saute until transparent, 5 to 10 minutes. Pour over bread and rice mixture. Add stock and mix well. Add salt, pepper, sage, and poultry seasoning. Mix well. Add the beaten eggs and melted butter. Mix well. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the stuffing mixture for the Mushroom Giblet Gravy.
- 4Pour stuffing into a greased pan and bake until cooked through and golden brown,.
Browse Our Top Thanksgiving Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula Deen's Country Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 727.1
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 134.6 mg
- Sodium 1660.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 28.5 g