Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was a delightful salad. Tasty and crunchy. Sure to please your guests for a barbeque or anytime!
- 2 (850.48 g) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 473.18 ml grated cheddar cheese
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 236.59 ml green pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml red onion, chopped
- 297.66 g bagcoarsely crushed Fritos chili cheese corn chips (I could not find these so I mixed 1/2 regular and 1/2 barbeque corn chips)
- Mix first 5 ingredients and chill. Stir in corn chips just before serving.
I think this salad is A-Maize-Ing. My neighbors and husband loved it. I used fresh corn off the cob because it is in season. You can use the fritos to dip in the salad or out on top. Be sure to put the fritos on right before serving or they will be soggy. You could add a lot of things to this salad like bacon or black beans, but we decided not to mess with a good thing.
This was so so good! My husband ate it for lunch and dinner three days in a row. Probably not the lightest salad around, but next time I could sub some low-fat mayo to help that. It got better and better the longer it sat in the fridge (I left the crushed fritos separate). Will make again this summer!
Update: Made with low fat sour cream instead this time, just as delicious and lots less calories and fat!
Made this for a pitch-in and it went over very well. Good and tasty flavor. The next time I will either add a tad more mayo or not crush the corn chips as much as it turned out a little dry. Or maybe I'll try a different brand of mayo. Either way I will be making this again.