Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
These are easy and delicious!
Make and share this Paula Deen's Coconut Macaroons recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut, almond extract, and salt.
- Mix in condensed milk to form a thick paste.
- Fold in egg whites with cream of tartar. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
These are GREAT! I put a dab of ganache on top while they were still warm. Everyone LOVED them. Next time I will make a double batch. I did have to bake them longer, just watch them until they start to brown. All ovens are different.
This dessert has been missing for a while, I guess it was thought to be too old fashion. Lo ve them, After they are cool dip the bottom into some melted chocolate and place on wax paper. Just a litte added taste. Yum!
Easy and delicious.