Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I've never seen these before, but sounded good. She frosted her cookies with pink icing. From Paula's magazine Jan/Feb 2006. Prep time includes chill time.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- food coloring (optional)
- Beat butter until soft and creamy. Gradually add sugar, beat well. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, mix well. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease cookie sheets.
- Divide dough in half, roll 1 portion on a well floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with cookie cutters and place on sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar, if desired. Repeat with 2nd portion.
- Bake for 10 minutes, cool 2 minutes on sheets, then move to wire racks. When completely cooled, decorate with icing.
- For the icing, whisk together all the ingredients, add food coloring as desired. Makes 3/4 cup.