24 hrs 20 mins
There are other similar recipes, but this one is simply spectacular! I think it's because I have added an extra layer of the "frosting" to the middle. As if it needed to be richer... This recipe is from Paula Deen and I have simply doubled the frosting and just added another layer within the cake. As with other Eclair Cakes, this one is better if it sits in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours. Hard to resist digging in any sooner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 lb) box graham cracker
- 2 (3 1/4 ounce) boxes French vanilla instant pudding
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1Butter bottom of a 13x9 pan. Line with whole graham crackers.
- 2Using electric mixer, mix pudding with milk. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 3Fold in whipped topping.
- 4Pour half the pudding mixture over crackers.
- 5Spread half of frosting over top. (see below how to make frosting).
- 6Place another layer of whole graham crackers on top on frosting layer.
- 7Pour remaining half of pudding mixture over top.
- 8Cover with another layer of whole graham crackers.
- 9Spread remaining half of frosting on top.
- 10For Frosting: Blend together sugar and cocoa.
- 11Add butter and milk, mixing well.
- 12Add corn syrup and vanilla and stir until creamy.
- 13Refrigerate cake for 24 hours before serving!
- 14Note: Cooking time reflects refrigeration for 24 hours, rather than actual cooking time.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula Deen's Chocolate Eclair Cake
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.6
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 16.2 mg
- Sodium 300.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 36.3 g
- Protein 4.2 g