Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
There are other similar recipes, but this one is simply spectacular! I think it's because I have added an extra layer of the "frosting" to the middle. As if it needed to be richer... This recipe is from Paula Deen and I have simply doubled the frosting and just added another layer within the cake. As with other Eclair Cakes, this one is better if it sits in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours. Hard to resist digging in any sooner!
- 1 (1 lb) box graham cracker
- 2 (3 1/4 ounce) boxes French vanilla instant pudding
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup cocoa
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Butter bottom of a 13x9 pan. Line with whole graham crackers.
- Using electric mixer, mix pudding with milk. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour half the pudding mixture over crackers.
- Spread half of frosting over top. (see below how to make frosting).
- Place another layer of whole graham crackers on top on frosting layer.
- Pour remaining half of pudding mixture over top.
- Cover with another layer of whole graham crackers.
- Spread remaining half of frosting on top.
- For Frosting: Blend together sugar and cocoa.
- Add butter and milk, mixing well.
- Add corn syrup and vanilla and stir until creamy.
- Refrigerate cake for 24 hours before serving!
- Note: Cooking time reflects refrigeration for 24 hours, rather than actual cooking time.
Easy and delicious. This will become a "go to" dessert recipe!!
This is a very tasty dessert. I made it for our Memorial Day picnic and it was a hit. Everyone is asking for my recipe! Best thing, it's so quick & easy! There were no left overs Shiela, VA
I don't know how anything this eay can be so good. My family said it was the best dessert that I have every made for them.