Recipe by mailbelle
This is a hearty one-dish meal for fall!
Top Review by Marsha D.
This was a delicious dish. I used several recipes in this dish from Zaar. I used Recipe #208758 for the cornbread, and Recipe #161470 and I also made Recipe #82588 for the cream of chicken soup. I also changed the servings to 5-6 servings. There is only 2 of us here at home and it still made alot for us. Thanks for sharing the recipe :)
- 6 cups thinly sliced yellow squash
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3 cups crumbled cornbread
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup crumbled biscuit
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large Dutch oven, combine squash, carrot, mushrooms, onion and bell pepper. Add water to cover; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 3-quart casserole.
- In a large bowl, combine squash mixture, chicken, cornbread, 2 cups cheese, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, biscuits, eggs, poultry seasoning, thyme and salt. Spoon mixture into prepared casserole.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hours or until center is set.
- Sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese and bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.