1/1 Photo of Paula Deen's Chicken, Squash & Cornbread Casserole
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This is a hearty one-dish meal for fall!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups thinly sliced yellow squash
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3 cups crumbled cornbread
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup crumbled biscuit
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1In a large Dutch oven, combine squash, carrot, mushrooms, onion and bell pepper. Add water to cover; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 3-quart casserole.
- 3In a large bowl, combine squash mixture, chicken, cornbread, 2 cups cheese, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, biscuits, eggs, poultry seasoning, thyme and salt. Spoon mixture into prepared casserole.
- 4Bake 45 minutes to 1 hours or until center is set.
- 5Sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese and bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula Deen's Chicken, Squash & Cornbread Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.8
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 122.3 mg
- Sodium 735.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 24.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: