Recipe by HeidiSue
One of our Paula Deen Favorites!
Top Review by Harley Quinn
This is a wonderful casserole! But here is a BIG secret--it's not Paula Deen's, it came from a Pillsbury cook-off recipe from over 30 years ago! I have been making this casserole for years, and it is one of the best comfort foods ever. Personally--I don't care who claims it--it's just GOOD!
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 medium onion, diced & sauteed
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained & chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans French style green beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can pimientos, rinsed & drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (6 ounce) boxuncle ben's long grain and wild rice blend, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese