One of our Paula Deen Favorites!
Make and share this Paula Deen's Chicken & Rice Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 medium onion, diced & sauteed
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained & chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans French style green beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can pimientos, rinsed & drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (6 ounce) boxuncle ben's long grain and wild rice blend, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Mix all ingredients together & pour into a 3-quart casserole.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
This is a wonderful casserole! But here is a BIG secret--it's not Paula Deen's, it came from a Pillsbury cook-off recipe from over 30 years ago! I have been making this casserole for years, and it is one of the best comfort foods ever. Personally--I don't care who claims it--it's just GOOD!
I love this recipe and I make it with a rotisserie chicken. The main thing I fine it isn't spicy enough for us so I add about 1/2 a envelope of taco seasoning to it. The taco seasoning just makes it.
This was great! I made a FEW changes...added toasted almonds, subbed green peas for the green beans, subbed shredded cauliflower for half the rice to cut down on carbs and added chicken broth so I could get away with less mayo, ooh and did parmesan cheese and white cheddar for the cheese. That IS a lot of changes, but the basics of the recipe were still the same and it was GREAT! My kids hated it, but my husband and I loved it! :)