Recipe by KT~Lynn
This is another Paula Deen recipe. We saw her cook it last night on T.V. and had to try it. Of course, like all her recipe's it was good and it will be a regular at our house.
Top Review by steve in FL
Great recipe.. I sliced up a block of whole milk mozzarella instead of using shredded cheese, so I covered the dish with foil and baked a bit to melt the cheese.. worked out great. I also seasoned the chicken before cooking it, it doesn't mention it in the instructions but otherwise I couldn't see how it wouldn't be bland. I would make this again!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and shallots and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook 10 minutes on each side or until tender.
- Transfer chicken to platter and sprinkle with grated cheese. Top with mushroom mixture. Cook and let stand 5 minutes or until cheese melts.