Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is now my new very favorite recipe for chicken divan. The sauce is amazing and the almonds give it a nice crunch! It is so easy to prepare, too, but people will think it took you all day! This is from Paula Deen's magazine and it's one of her "Golden Ring" recipes.
- 2 bunches Broccolini or 2 bunches broccoli florets, trimmed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs thin boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons almonds, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Place broccoli tops around edges of baking dish; set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper.
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat; add chicken, and cook 3-4 minutes per side, or until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken from skillet, and place over broccoli, leaving as much butter in pan as possible.
- Add flour to butter, and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sherry, cream and broth; cook 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and broccoli.
- Sprinkle with cheese and almonds.
- Cover, and bake about 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.