Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Here's another great recipe from Paula Deen!
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped broccoli or 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen chopped broccoli
- 6 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (or to taste)
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 -3 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place frozen broccoli in 1/2 cup water in a saucepan and boil about 6 minutes; drain well and set aside.
- In a "large" bowl mix together the soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, cheddar cheese, lemon juice, curry powder, salt, pepper and wine or broth; mix well. Add broccoli and chicken and mix thoroughly.
- Spray a 13 x 9 Pyrex dish with vegetable spray. Pour in soup/chicken mixture. Smooth mixture with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and butter. Sprinkle on top of mixture.
- Bake 30-45 minutes or until heated through.
- Note: TO lighten up you can use 98% ff cream of mushroom soup, light mayonnaise, light sour cream and low-fat cheddar cheese.
- This is really yummy and makes alot!
I'm sorry to say we did not care for this. I think it was the combo of wine and curry together. When I made this it was because we liked all of the ingredients, but the flavors did not complement well at all. We ended up having to throw the entire casserole away.
I saw this being made on her show and thought it looked very tasty. I did half the recipe as there are only 2 of us and I only used a mixture of Panko crumbs and paremesan. It was still very rich. :)
Even the though I love curry in Asian and Indian food, I didn't really like the curry in this recipe. If I took it out I think this would be a good dish. Also the dish is quite rich - like most of Paula Deen's. This one is not my favorite.