Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great summertime dessert. No cooking! This came from Paula Deen's magazine. It is very quick and easy to make and makes a splendid looking dessert. Sure to be a winner at your next cookout.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 13 ounces angel food cake
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk.
- Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in 1/2 of whipped topping and almond extract; set aside.
- Tear angel food cake into 1 inch pieces.
- Place 1/3 of cake pieces in bottom of a trifle bowl.
- Spoon 1/3 of cream cheese filling over cake, and top with 1/3 of pie filling.
- Repeat layers twice more.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over top of trifle, sealing to edges.
- Garnish with additional pie filling and sliced almonds if desired.
This is a delicious dessert, and serves a crowd! I made mine in a huge lasagna dish ( 18L X 12W X 3.25H) and it just did fit. I baked an angel food cake to use, as the price difference between the mix and one from the bakery was small; I'm not sure how big a baked angel cake is....There were no 12 oz. whipped topping, so I got and used 2 8 oz., as my dish had a bigger surface area to cover, on top. Everyone loved it, and I can't wait to make it again! Thanks so much for sharing, mary winecoff. This one is going in my keeper file!
Very good and easy to make with cans of cherry pie filling. I am sure any flavor pie filling could be used instead.
Made this for a party, It went fast... Very easy and deliciousssssss. We recommend to everyone to try....