1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This looked so good to me when I watched Paula make it the other day on her show. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to soon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 1/3 cups quick-cooking grits
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half
- 1/2 cup grated Italian cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 lb shrimp, cooked, peeled, and deveined and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan. Stir in grits, and return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, or until grits are thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in Parmesan cheese and salt. Remove from heat.
- 3Spoon grits into a greased 9 by 13-inch baking pan. Cover, and chill at least 2 hours, or until firm. Cut out 48 (1 1/2-inch) circles using a round or fluted cookie cutter (Paula used a clean tomato paste can as a cookie cutter).
- 4Brush a large jellyroll pan with melted butter. Place grit rounds on pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn grits, and bake 15 minutes more. Set aside. (Up to this point, the recipe can be prepared ahead. If preparing early, cover and refrigerate grit rounds until you are ready to top with shrimp mixture.).
- 5In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and half-and-half, stirring until combined. Stir in cheese, parsley, and shrimp. Top each grits round evenly with shrimp mixture. Top mixture with grated Cheddar. Broil 5 minutes, or until lightly browned and heated through.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula Deen's Cheesy Shrimp on Grits Toast
Serving Size: 1 (2096 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.7
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 14.7 mg
- Sodium 175.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian cheese blend