Recipe by Kerena
This recipe is from the Sept/Oct 2013 issue of Cooking with Paula Deen. Prep and Cooking Times are estimates as none were listed.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup Ritz cracker, crushed (about 15)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups gruyare cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add onions; cover and cook for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Uncover and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are caramel colored, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in vinegar, pepper, and salt. Use immediately, or let cool, cover, and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the Crunch Topping.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and next 3 ingredients at medium speed with a mixer until combined. Stir in crumbled bacon and Caramelized Onions. Spoon mixture into prepared pan, and sprinkle with Crunchy Topping.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.