Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I saw Paula make this on one of her shows and thought it sounded good, so I tried it and my family really liked it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, to taste, and sugar together using a fork; cut in shortening until it resembles cornmeal.
- Add cheese.
- Stir in buttermilk all at one time just until blended. Do not over stir.
- Drop by tablespoon, or use ice cream scoop, onto a well greased baking sheet.
- Brush dough with melted butter.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Note: it took the biscuits 20 minutes to cook in my oven, but I have and oven that always takes longer to bake than the recipe says.
I could'nt locate my usual cheese scone recipe and decided to try this one. I decided to just use regular white flour, with the listed baking powder and buttermilk knew it was going to be alright. Baking time was about right and I cut mine into 10 pieces, omitted the melted butter at the end. A really good cheese biscuit, thanks!