Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a quick and easy dip to make that everyone seems to love. I used panko bread crumbs because that is what I had in my pantry. I also found that you needed to cut the onion pieces into smaller strips (I took the onion and cut it in half and then half again). I also used Clemson Blue Cheese.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large vidalia onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces blue cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup bread, crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 8 x 8 inch baking dish with cooking spray. In a large skillet, heat oil and butter. Add garlic and onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are caramel colored, about 20 minutes.
- In a food processor, pulse together the blue cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream. Place in bowl and add caramelized onions. Season with salt and pepper. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake until gold and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Made this for supper club. Everyone loved it and said they would start adding blue cheese to their Vidalia onion dips.
Very good! I doubled the garlic and blue cheese after tasting first.
Very sweet and tasty. I halved the recipe and it was plenty for 8 to 10 when served with another appetizer.