1/2 Photos of Paula Deens Caramel Apple Nut Pound Cake
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Here is another Paula Deen Recipe! I simply LOVE Paula Deen, and if given the opportunity to ever meet this great lady would absolutely wet myself ! She has this in her Magazine "Cooking With Paula Deen" and is one of the contest winners for Brand Name Recipes donated by Linda Rizzo of Trevor, Wisconsin, this one is using Campbells, which is another plus in my book. I am the fundraising Coordinator for our small school up here, and Campbell's Labels for Education is one of our projects to help bring in equipment and extras for our students. Please be sure to check with your local schools to see if they are using these, and don't throw those little points on the label away, they are very valuable for our students.
My Private Note
10" flu ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup granny smith apple, peeled, cored, and diced (about 1 large)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package pudding mix, instant butterscotch flavored
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F degrees. Spray 15 cup fluted pan with nonstick baking spray with flour.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine apples, walnuts and 1/4 cup flour.
- 3In a large bowl, beat 2 cups butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Reduce speed to low. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Increase speed to high, and add 1 teaspoon vanilla, beat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until mixture is fluffy. Reduce speed to low, and add pudding mix and soup; beat for 1 minute. Increase speed to medium and beat for 1 minute longer.
- 4In a medium bowl, sift remaining 3 cups flour and baking powder together. Gradually add to butter mixture, and beat until mixture is well combined, about 2 to 3 minutes. Fold in apple mixture.
- 5Pour batter into prepared pan. Drop pan lightly on counter to release any air bubbles. Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack. Place wire rack over a large piece of aluminum foil.
- 6In a small saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter over medium heat. Stir in dark brown sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add cream, stirring constantly until combined. Pour mixture over cooled cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula Deens Caramel Apple Nut Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2704 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 10524.6
- Calories from Fat 5459
- Total Fat 606.5 g
- Saturated Fat 331.3 g
- Cholesterol 2600.3 mg
- Sodium 6525.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1202.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 24.2 g
- Sugars 845.6 g
- Protein 116.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: