Recipe by Melvin'sWifey
Thank you Paula Deen! Hubby just happened to be watching with me one day when she made these and it will always be requested in our home! It's very easy to make and such a fun twist on a plain cheesecake. It's a must try!
Top Review by fromroot2fruit
This recipe is very easy and tasty. Not only have I done this exact recipe, I have exchanged it with my peach preserves that I spiced like I would a peach cobbler. There are so many variations of fillings you can do. I've experimented with many and my family and friends have loved them all!!
- 1 (20 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 (10 inch) graham cracker crust
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup caramel topping
- 12 pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Reserve 3/4 cup apple filling, and set aside.
- Spoon remaining apple filling into the crust.
- Beat together in large bowl, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, eggs. Pour over pie filling.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Cool.
- Meanwhile, mix reserved pie filling and caramel topping and heat for 1 minute in a small saucepan.
- Spread warm topping evenly over cooked, cooled cheesecake.
- Decorate entire edge of cake with the 12 pecan halves, and sprinkle middle of cheesecake with chopped pecans.
- Refrigerate, share, and enjoy!