Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Thank you Paula Deen! Hubby just happened to be watching with me one day when she made these and it will always be requested in our home! It's very easy to make and such a fun twist on a plain cheesecake. It's a must try!
- 1 (20 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 (10 inch) graham cracker crust
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup caramel topping
- 12 pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Reserve 3/4 cup apple filling, and set aside.
- Spoon remaining apple filling into the crust.
- Beat together in large bowl, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, eggs. Pour over pie filling.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Cool.
- Meanwhile, mix reserved pie filling and caramel topping and heat for 1 minute in a small saucepan.
- Spread warm topping evenly over cooked, cooled cheesecake.
- Decorate entire edge of cake with the 12 pecan halves, and sprinkle middle of cheesecake with chopped pecans.
- Refrigerate, share, and enjoy!
My daughter made this for us on Sun. IT was so good. WE loved it. She has made it before. It is always a hit.
DH says this is the best thing he has ever eaten. Enough said? I love being how easy it is, and that it tastes so good. I also love that you don't need 2 pounds of cream cheese and a springform pan for it - you can have it anytime! Next time I make it, I'll chop up the apple pie filling. I also added more pecans to the top. Glad I picked up enough ingredients for 2 pies!
This is wonderful!!!!! So easy to make. My family loved it.