Recipe by Lainey39
This is a great bar cookie. I got rave reviews when I recently made them.
Top Review by chinadog55
For being so simple (every one of the ingredients can be found in 99% of all kitchens) the outcome of this recipe tastes surprisingly complex. I made a batch on the fly, for no good reason other than we didn't have anything to end our fabulous Saturday night dinner. Five minute prep? Actually, this has the makings of being pit crew fast if you microwave the butter in a big bowl and mix your dry ingredients in the measuring cup. So it was a low mess recipe too! But the proof is in the chewing, so to speak. Buttery delicious chewy Heaven. Would be over the top delectible with a small scoop of vanilla bean icecream. The only downside to Paula Deen's Brown Sugar Chewies is that you have to wait for them to cool! But when they do, prepare to wreck your diet.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray an 8-inch square pan with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter.
- Turn off the heat, add the brown sugar and stir until smooth.
- Stir in the egg.
- Stir together the flour and baking powder and stir into the brown sugar mixture.
- Stir in the vanilla and pecans.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- When cool, dust the top with a sifting of confectioners' sugar.