I make a similar salad using bok choy or napa cabbage. I haven't tried this recipe yet but I already know it will be delicious!
- 2 (3 ounce) bags oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles, reserve seasoning packet for dressing (other flavors will work, too)
- 3⁄8 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 (12 ounce) bagsbags broccoli coleslaw mix (in the bagged salad section of the grocery store)
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- chopped green onion, for garnish
Dressing Mix (reserved seasoning packet plus)
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar or 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Put the ramen noodles in a bag and crush them with a rolling pin while melting butter in a large skillet over low/medium heat.
- Add the crushed noodles and slivered almonds to the skillet and sauté, stirring occasionally (keep temperature at low/medium heat).
- Meanwhile, whisk together all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place the shredded broccoli into bowl and toss with the noodles, almonds, and sunflower seeds.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Garnish with chopped green onions.