Recipe by diner524
I was looking to use up some Brie cheese and found this recipe on Food Network. She made this recipe for the "Engagement Brunch" show. After receiving my 1st review, I went to the recipe and now found a video of her making this recipe and it is different than what the posted directions are for it. Here is a link that I would watch before making the recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/brie-en-croute-ii/video/index.html
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (package comes with 2 sheets)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped (or walnuts)
- 8 ounces brie cheese (one small wheel)
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry jam
- 2 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Defrost 1 sheet of puff pastry for approximately 15 to 20 minutes and unfold (place remaining sheet in freezer for later use).
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute nuts in butter until golden brown, approximately 5 minutes.
- Place nuts on top of Brie and spread jam on top of nuts.
- Gently roll pastry with a rolling pin to increase the size of the sheet 1 to 2 inches in each direction.
- Brush both sides of the sheet with beaten egg.
- Center the wheel of Brie on top of the pastry sheet.
- Bring all four corners of the sheet together above Brie and twist slightly to form a "bundle."
- Tie gathered pastry with kitchen/cooking string (tie string in the form of a bow), arranging pastry until you are satisfied with the "bundle" shape.
- Place "bundle" on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until pastry is golden brown.
- Serve with top-quality crackers.