1/1 Photo of Paula Deen's Brie En Croute #2
I was looking to use up some Brie cheese and found this recipe on Food Network. She made this recipe for the "Engagement Brunch" show. After receiving my 1st review, I went to the recipe and now found a video of her making this recipe and it is different than what the posted directions are for it. Here is a link that I would watch before making the recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/brie-en-croute-ii/video/index.html
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Defrost 1 sheet of puff pastry for approximately 15 to 20 minutes and unfold (place remaining sheet in freezer for later use).
- 3Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 4Saute nuts in butter until golden brown, approximately 5 minutes.
- 5Place nuts on top of Brie and spread jam on top of nuts.
- 6Gently roll pastry with a rolling pin to increase the size of the sheet 1 to 2 inches in each direction.
- 7Brush both sides of the sheet with beaten egg.
- 8Center the wheel of Brie on top of the pastry sheet.
- 9Bring all four corners of the sheet together above Brie and twist slightly to form a "bundle."
- 10Tie gathered pastry with kitchen/cooking string (tie string in the form of a bow), arranging pastry until you are satisfied with the "bundle" shape.
- 11Place "bundle" on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until pastry is golden brown.
- 12Serve with top-quality crackers.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula Deen's Brie En Croute #2
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.7
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 78.7 mg
- Sodium 291.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 10.1 g