Troop Angel's Note:
These burgers take a little more time than regular ones, but they are so worth it! I saw Paula Deen make this on TV and they just made my mouth water...and I'm not really that fond of hamburgers. ;-) But these are so juicy and wonderful...I hope you enjoy! Note: These took a little longer to make than the suggested 8-10 minutes per side, but I used 2 lbs of beef for really BIG burgers and I also used my electric skillet, so maybe that made a difference too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, season the ground beef with salt and pepper.
- 2Add 1/2 c cold water and mix by hand until meat has absorbed all the water (the water keeps the burgers moist and juicy).
- 3Shape into 4 patties.
- 4Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5Spray the skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- 6Add the burgers and cook to desired temperature, about 8-10 minutes per side for medium-well.
- 7Remove the burgers from the pan and set aside.
- 8Add the onion slices to the same skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides, being careful to keep them in whole slices; it should take about 3 minutes per side.
- 9Remove from pan and set aside.
- 10Crack the eggs into the same skillet and cook until the yolk is not runny. Carefully remove from pan.
- 11Lay the bottom of the 4 hamburger buns on a flat surface.
- 12Top each bun with a burger.
- 13Top the burgers with 1 egg, onion slice, 1 slice of cheese and then the top bun.
- 14Lightly press the sandwich together with your hand.
- 15Place the sandwiches into the pan and cook for 1 minute on each side to griddle the buns.
- 16Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula Deen's Bo Burger
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 707.4
- Calories from Fat 414
- Total Fat 46.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 345.8 mg
- Sodium 596.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 44.0 g