Recipe by StephanieNS
I found this recipe on Food Network's website and couldn't believe it wasn't on Zaar! This is a super simple fried shrimp recipe from Paula Deen. I tried this on my shrimp the other night and it was delicious. I also fried some chicken tenders in the batter and they were delicious as well. Make sure you let the beer/flour mixture sit for a few hours before using it.
- 1 cup beer
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 21 -25 large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails left on
- oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a fryer or a deep pot halfway filled with oil to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the beer, flour, and salt, and allow to sit at room temperature for several hours.
- Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels and dip the shrimp in the batter and fry for approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain shrimp on paper towels.