Recipe by Kerena
From the Sept/Oct 2013 Issue of Cooking with Paula Deen. Prep and Cooking time are estimates as none were listed.
- 78.07 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 1133.98 g sirloin tip roast, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 59.14 ml butter, divided
- 226.79 g package baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 14.79 ml garlic, minced
- 2 (1814.36 g) carton beef broth
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 10 sprig fresh thyme
- 226.79 g thin egg noodles
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Add beef, seal bag, and shake to coat.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add half of beef, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to pan, and cook remaining beef for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned. Return all beef to pan. Stir in mushrooms, onion, and garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes. Add broth, Worcestershire, and thyme sprigs. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer for 1 hour or until beef is tender. Add egg noodles, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream and mustard. Add to soup, whisking until combined. Remove thyme sprigs, and serve immediately.