Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
I watched Paula Deen make this wonderful dessert and just had to post it. I read the other recipes and this is much easier to make. Enjoy!! I found the recipe on http://www.pauladeen.com.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 large bananas
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix graham cracker crumbs with softened butter and press mixture into 9" pie plate. Bake for 5-8 minutes at 350.
- To create toffee filling, caramelize the sweetened condensed milk. Pour the condensed milk into a 9x12x2 glass-baking dish. Cover with foil and place dish inside a larger poaching pan. Add water to poaching pan until half way up sides of baking dish. Bake at 300 for an hour and a half.
- Once both the crust and toffee filling are cooled, spread half of evenly inside crust. Slice the bananas and layer on top of filling. Pour remaining half of filling over bananas, spreading evenly. Whip the cream with the confectioners sugar and vanilla and spread on top of toffee filling and bananas.
This was pretty good, although two of my three kids didn't care for it. I think it actually tasted better the next day. It became much creamier. The 10T butter for the crust is probably an error . Standard for a graham cracker crust is 1 1/2 cups crumbs to 5 T butter, which is what I used and the crust came out great. It's very sweet, which I like. Not sure if I'll be making this again due to my kids not being fans.