Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Paula Deen has done it again--she gave us a ridiculously simple but delicious recipe. Recipe courtesy of The Lady & Sons Savannah Country Cookbook. Serving size is estimated.
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (chopped) or 1⁄2 cup pecans (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Soft together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and add to creamed mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a well-greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
I had to cook it longer as the other reviews stated but it was delicious! Side note: to accommodate nut allergies, I replaced the nuts with semi sweet Chocolate Chips! Yummy!
I so loved this reciped..mmm good...and so very yummy..So I may have to bake it a tad bit longer but yummo!
I had to cook it more than 40 - 45 minutes and it came out very crumbly. However, it tasted very good.