Recipe by mailbelle
I love making casseroles, and I love beef stroganoff. This is one of my family's favorite meals.
Top Review by jacks.patricialynn
This recipe is mediocre at best. Pretty costly to prepare when the Hamburger Helper version costs a fraction of this, has more taste and holds together better. There was no "binding" to this. It was too runny. The very best stroganoff recipe is a vintage Good Housekeeping version from the 1970s.
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and kept warm
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (3 ounce) can French fried onion rings
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet, cook ground chuck, onion, and garlic over medium heat until meat is browned and crumbles. Drain.
- Return meat to skillet and stir in Worcestershire, mushrooms, and beef broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in soup, sour cream, salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Combine hot cooked noodles and butter, stirring until butter melts.
- Combine noodles and meat sauce. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Top evenly with fried onions and bake for 10 more minutes.