Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an excellent recipe and extremely easy to to make. You will not be disappointed.
- 20 large mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put a little water on a paper towel and wipe the mushroom caps clean.
- Put the spinach in a sieve and set it over the sink and squeeze out as much liquid as you can. You don’t want that extra spinach juice making your mushroom caps soggy.
- In a large bowl, mix together the spinach, bacon, cream cheese, scallions, salt and black pepper.
- Fill the mushroom caps with the mixture and set them on a baking sheet. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake until the topping is golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Let the mushrooms cool a bit on the baking sheet. While they are still warm, arrange on a platter and serve.