Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
If the crust begins to burn, place tin foil around the crust and lower the temperature of the oven.
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- sweetened whipped cream, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Combine apple butter, pumpkin, sugar, salt and spices in a bowl.
- Stir in eggs.
- Gradually add milk and mix well.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until set.
- Garnish with whipped cream and maybe some pecans.
This is a very nice apple butter pumpkin pie. Thanks for posting.
Great recipe - very simple and easy. My daughter loves pumpkin pie, I told her we were mixing it up a bit and adding apple butter - she loved it. I used a pre-made graham cracker crust. I had a little extra filling that did not fit in the pie shell so I cooked it in a separate small baking dish. This recipe is a keeper!
AWESOME!! I made two pies..one for my family and one for a church fall festival. Everyone absolutely loved this pie. The recipe was simple and included lots of ingredients in which most everyone has in their pantry. I will definately make this recipe again!! :)