Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have made this many times and love it! A good old fashioned meatloaf. Great the next day for sandwiches.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix all meatloaf ingredients well and place in a baking dish. Shape into a loaf.
- Mix ingredients for topping and spread on loaf. Bake for 1 hour.
I make this all the time! Thanks for posting! The only things I do differently is to cook the onion and pepper for two minutes covered with plastic wrap, and I add a couple of healthy splashes of worcestershire.
I've used this recipe for years now. It is good for a weeknight or for a party/guests. A few in our family are allergic to eggs so I take out the egg and use a 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes and it works great.
wonderful recipe!!! i made exactly as directed except adding 2 splashes of worcestershire sauce, the whole hive RAVED..........make sure to let sit for about 10 minutes after baking.....my new go-to meatloaf receipe for sure, thanks so much!