Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
this is a delicious sauce for steaks as well as seafood, my picky husband loves it and no longer uses A1 sauce, if we are having steaks this is now required lol
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Combine the wine, half the tarragon, the vinegar, garlic, shallots and some salt and pepper in a saute pan over medium-low heat. Cook until reduced by half. Transfer to a medium metal bowl.
- Start to whisk the wine mixture in the bowl while adding the butter in increments. (Do not stop whisking throughout this whole process.) Temper the eggs so they do not scramble and add them to the bowl. The sauce will look glossy and thick. Whisk in the lemon juice, if using. Taste for seasoning.