Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is a method of cooking a standing rib roast that never fails. Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. The seasoning you choose is up to you. I did not include seasoning time in prep time. Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
- Combine seasonings. Rub seasonings all over roast several hours in advance.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place roast on rack with fatty side up and rib side down. Place roast in oven and cook one hour.
- Turn off oven. DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR AT ALL DURING THIS PROCESS. Leave in oven for 3 hours without opening door.
- About 45 minutes before serving turn oven on to 375 degrees to reheat roast. Very important not to open oven from time roast is put in until ready to serve.
- This makes a RARE prime rib. If a more well done is desired, increase cooking time.
1/2 cup of salt ? Really this recipe ruined a 6 pound Rib Eye Roast. I could see the next recipe down working. We are not the salt babies generation anymore. Where do we send the receipt for this roast $48.00. I will go back to just sticking sliced garlic into meat and lightly pepper and never do rubs again.
Very easy, and it is "perfect". A standing rib roast is so expensive, I was a bit timid about cooking it, but this recipe is outstanding!
EXCELLENT - i've made this twice and it was perfect both times.