5 hrs 10 mins
Vicki in CT's Note:
This is a method of cooking a standing rib roast that never fails. Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. The seasoning you choose is up to you. I did not include seasoning time in prep time. Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine seasonings. Rub seasonings all over roast several hours in advance.
- 2Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 3Place roast on rack with fatty side up and rib side down. Place roast in oven and cook one hour.
- 4Turn off oven. DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR AT ALL DURING THIS PROCESS. Leave in oven for 3 hours without opening door.
- 5About 45 minutes before serving turn oven on to 375 degrees to reheat roast. Very important not to open oven from time roast is put in until ready to serve.
- 6This makes a RARE prime rib. If a more well done is desired, increase cooking time.
Browse Our Top 5 Ingredients Or Less Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All 5 Ingredients Or Less Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula Deen Perfect Standing Prime Rib Roast
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 16.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9433.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
standing rib roast