Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from Paula Deen's The Deen Family Cookbook. Jodi says you should let it sit in the fridge for 8 hours before eating, but the first round didn't even make it to the fridge. You can also add more sour cream if you want something chip-ready. Otherwise serve with toast or crackers.
- 396.89 g shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined, and finely chopped
- 85.04 g cream cheese, softened
- 59.14 ml green onion, finely chopped (white and light green parts)
- 9.85 ml sour cream
- 9.85 ml Dijon mustard
- 2.46 ml hot sauce
- crackers or crusty bread or raw vegetables
- Mix the shrimp, cream cheese, green onions, sour cream, mustard, and hot sauce well.
- Cover and refrigerate for atleast 8 hours before serving.
Everyone loved it. I liked the slight hint of the Dijon mustard. I used a 14 oz. package of seafood that was half fake-crab and half real shrimp. I did need to add a little bit more cream cheese and a little bit more sour cream to get the correct consistency. People thought this was a store bought spread.