Recipe by Kerena
This recipe was from the Nov/Dec 2008 Cooking with Paula Deen Magazine. Prep and Cooking times are guesstimates as they are not listed. Posting for safe keeping
- 75 soda crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Line an ungreased 13"x9" baking pan with 1 layer of crackers; cutting to fit if neccessary; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add cracker crumbs, brown sugar, milk and sugar. Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and pour half of the butter mixture evenly over crackers. Place another layer of crackers evenly over butter mixture; cutting to fit if necessary. Pour remaining butter mixture evenly over crackers. Top evenly with remaining crackers.
- In a small saucepan combine peanut butter, chocolate morsels and butterscotch morsels. Melt over medium low heat, stirring constantly. Spread evenly over top of crackers. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Cut into bars and store in refrigerator.