Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is Paula Deen's recipe for a creamy, cheesy egg casserole.
Make and share this Paula Deen Hard-Boiled Egg Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cut
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup freshly grated gruyere cheese
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Place the cut side of each egg down in a baking dish greased with margarine.
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan then add the flour, and cook, stirring for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the half-and-half gradually, and stir until mixture thickens and then add the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add the dry mustard and the Gruyere and stir until melted.
- Pour the sauce over the eggs and sprinkle top with Parmesan.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 20 to 30 minutes until bubbling and top is golden brown.
A luscious, rich and fabulous breakfast. A perfect treat for a special day...a bit time consuming, but definitely worth it.
This is delicious! We had this at a ladies prayer breakfast years ago and it was to die for! Such a nice change from other common egg casserole bakes.
Finally got around to making this again, with gruyere this time. It was delicious, and my cheese sauce turned out perfectly.Unusually good, but rich.